Sunday, September 11, 2011

Mechanics


After reading the section II in the Elementary Principles of Composition, I found I have so many week points and strongest point of it. For example, I have a problem with keeping related words together. In the rule #20, “keep the related words together”, says we need to show the relation of the related words. I realized I always apart related word and made the sentence long by adding clause like “he noticed a large stain in the rug that was right in the center”. Therefore, I need to improve that kind of problem. In future, I will definitely revise that kind of problem in my essay.
 I guess I am strong with omitting needless word. According to “Elementary Principles of Composition rule #17”, a sentence should not contain unnecessary word e.g, in a hasty manner. In this sentence manner is unnecessary word so we need to omit this word and can write hastily.  

No comments:

Post a Comment